Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sick Little Girls

Well the three girls have been on Clavamox for 10 days now, which I'm told is very strong, and the still sneeze and do that coughing thing that sounds like when they have a hairball.  Little Annie, you can hear hear breathing and Samantha keeps getting a runny eye in her left eye.  I think it's time to back to the vet and see what else we can do for these little ladies.

Annie is still the only brave one to get off the bed and wander around.  Dana and Sammi stay in the box unless eating or using the bathroom.  I'm starting to think perhaps I need to remove the box from the bed all together but I'm scared they will hide under my nightstand on the cold tile all day.  Any recommendations??

Annie and Sammi tuckered out after playing with fluffy thing


Sammi decided my shirt would be a great pillow

6 comments:

  1. Of course Sammi thinks your shirt is a great pillow, it smells like you!

    Perhaps you could provide an alternate comfy box on the floor... but since they're feeling poorly it could just be they associate the one on the bed with you caring for them. Kind of like I curl up in bed and don't want to move when I'm under the weather.

    A return to the vet sounds reasonable. URIs can be tough customers! Our purrayers going out to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor kitties !!!
    VET will be the best way !
    I purrs purrs for all. I hope nothing get too serious !!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other kitten fosterers have had luck with lysine (one brand is Viralys) and vaporizers - the cool mist kind.

    As for making changes, I'd avoid stressing them out while they're sick. Nevertheless, the vet should take a look at them.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for your support and suggestions, I really appreciate it, this is my first batch of sick fosters. I have a V-E-T appt for them tomorrow and will do an update after I get more info from them. Love and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the appointment went well and that you and the babies have a mellow weekend on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. precious babies...please get well. xoxoxox Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete