Saturday, February 19, 2011

Heart Strings

These three young ladies are truly tearing at my heart strings.  I don't know if it's the mother in me that just wants them to be well or just plain on compassion.  But these three are so sick with their URI's that they have mucus the "sneeze" out and sometimes they gape their mouths open to catch a breath, it just breaks my heart.  On top of their poor little suffering, I have to give them medicine which seems to be a bit more traumatic.  I apologize to them the entire time even after they retreat back in the little cardboard box I set up my bed for them.  They stare at me with confused sickly eyes and I feel horrible, even though I know its going to help them.  Annie seems to be the bravest of the three, she's snoozing next to me whilst Dana and Sigourney cuddle in the box.
Sigourney and Dana snoozing together.

2 comments:

  1. You and I (and all the kitty moms no doubt) are alike in that. The mom in me makes me suffer for their suffering wherever I read or gear of a cat that is in need. And I apologize to my girl when unpleasant things but needed things have to happen. I am always afraid I am breaking our trust.
    You are doing an angelic thing and they will get better because of you. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete