Saturday, January 7, 2012

Moving, Healing and Living

Sammi and Lizzy enjoying Christmas
So I haven't posted in forever because I finally moved back home to where all my family resides, in southern Illinois.  It was a MUCH needed departure from what I was "living" with, I'll just say that it can be very difficult to leave an abusive relationship, but all it takes is one step away and finally you're world changes for the better.  I had the three little girls up until the day before I left, Sammi, Annie and Dana.  I kept Sammi, whom (if you followed my blog) stole my heart very early on, and it was heartbreaking turning Annie and Dana back over to APAWS but I knew they were in awesome hands and will find their forever homes.

Now that I have gotten my own home, settled and the holidays are finally over, it's time to stake out my local rescue organizations!  My daughter, Lizzy, is still here visiting on her winter break from college, Sammi isn't so sure about her hehehe.


Which reminds me, I'm going to have to change my site name somehow to something more appropriate.....or I'll just leave it for now.  Anyhow I'm going to visit my brother tomorrow (who just lost his dog mid last year) and going to drag him over to the Cache Creek Animal Rescue to look at kitties and talk to them about fostering.




 

Sammi's best Puss in Boots impersonation
I know Sammi will enjoy some lil ones about to play with!

5 comments:

  1. I am SO glad to see you. Since you last blogged that I knew of my baby Admiral flew away to the Rainbow Bridge and took my broken heart with her. It is still broken but I need the soft touch and dear purr of a kitty and I'm hoping Admiral will help me find just the right one.
    Mom Carole xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I am SO SORRY! Admiral will point you in the right direction for a lil one that's just right for you. Big hugs and kisses from me and Sammi :) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww yay for Sammi!! She has an amazing mum and family now! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really glad you are now happily settled in your new home. Lovely pictures of your daughter and Sammi :)Wishing you a happy year.

    ReplyDelete